The nature of scanning lends itself to archeological digs. The point cloud and high definition imagery
memorializes the archeological dig site at that point in time. It’s a catalog of where artifacts were found and located.
Discover how 3D Point Clouds can assist your archeology project, contact SurvTech Solutions!
Archeological Dig Laser Scanning & 3D Modeling Benefits
- Reconstruction of Delicate or sensitive areas
- Allows creation of non-intrusive observations
- Recreation of areas and items in a real time 3-D model
- Cataloging and examination of actual items in 3-D environment
- Create permanent and viewable contextual mapping, allowing for closer non destructive examination of items and spatial relation without disturbing sensitive items
- Creating a viewable 3-D map of an area, particular useful in sensitive or remote locations where time and cataloging are of the essence.